The Federation is an organization that brings together 25 insurance and reinsurance companies operating in Morocco. Its main role is to undertake any action deemed appropriate for its members, and to work in the interests of the insurance sector.
The role and mission of the FMA are summed up as follows:
- Defending the professional interests of insurance and reinsurance companies, and coordinating the efforts of member companies for that purpose;
- Representing the insurance sector when dealing with public authorities, other professional associations and third parties;
- Bringing legal action to defend its own interests and the common interests of members;
- Working to improve professional standards, professional training, the development of the insurance sector and, more generally, to improve the service provided to the public by Members and, as needed, form any other organization that may be needed to achieve those ends;
- Undertaking public and professional communication and informational activities;
- Collecting and maintaining statistical, accounting and financial data on the insurance sector and sharing it with Members and third parties;
- Carry out studies and analyses relevant to the insurance industry that can be made available to members and to the public;
- Structuring professional relationships between Members as well as between representatives of various distribution channels;
- Organizing alternative dispute resolution methods between Members, and potentially between Members and other players in the insurance sector such as insureds or insurance intermediaries;
- And in general, doing everything necessary and undertaking any appropriate action in the interest of insurance companies and the insurance sector.
The General Assembly
It is made up of representatives of
the insurance companies’ members.
It is made up of four to seven individual members,
elected for a three-year term by
the Ordinary General Assembly.
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE IS CURRENTLY COMPOSED OF THE FOLLOWING:
THE PRESIDENT :
- Mr Mohamed Hassan BENSALAH
EXECUTIVE VICE-PRESIDENT :
- Mr Bachir BADDOU
THE VICE PRESIDENT :
- Mr Boubker JAI
- Mr Hicham BELMRAH
THE ASSESSORS :
- Tawfiq DRHIMEUR
- Meryem CHAMI
- Yahya CHRAÏBI
- Abderrahim DBICH
THE GENERAL MANAGER
Reporting directly to the Chairman, he is responsible for
- To ensure that decisions made by the President are carried out.
- To understand and make a list of the insurance sector needs.
- To put in place and direct the structures chosen by the Executive Committee, on the proposal of the President, in order to enable the Federation to carry out its missions.
- To oversee the coordination of work by the different bodies of the Federation.
- To develop and carry out, with other professional organizations, all types of synergistic efforts.
- To carry out the office duties of the President, the Executive Committee and the General Assemblies.
Mr Salaheddine AJI
Mr Said MACHHOUR
Mr Abdeljelil TABOUBI
Mr Ismail ALAOUI
Miss Dina ALIOUA
Mr Othmane EL HOUARI
Statistical Database Manager
Anti-Fraud Unit Manager